Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The caboose and the engine aren't communicating

So that crazy train known as L's company isn't moving in sync yet. The very nice people at our PCP's office called to tell us that a claim had been denied--was there still a problem?!?! Yes, nice people, there's a problem. It's not that our money is kinda funny, it's more complicated than that.

So I get on the phone, deal with the voice automated system that I hate, and finally talk to a human.....who transfers me to another automated system, but eventually I get a human.

He assures me the problem will be fixed--the "benifits center" just has to tell the "eligibility dept" that the Babe should be covered. When I said that L had been told this last week, the guy said, that, in all honesty, the info probably "got dropped".

Got Dropped?!?! WTF? How does that happen? Is there not a paper/electronic transfer trail? How is that acceptable?

So now he's going to make sure it happens. Can't you read my optimism in this post?

I did get his name and ext #, so I can track him down next week when I call to confirm.

More and more, I understand why medical costs are what they are. The more it costs to collect the fees, the higher the fees go. BLAH!!

*least anyone think me ungrateful, know, deep down, I'm grateful to have insurance to bitch about, but they don't mention "must play phone tag" anywhere in any of the HIPPA junk they are constantly sending!*

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home