Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Friday, April 08, 2005

ADD or just early childhood?

Today I was rented by two short friends to take them to the zoo. It was truely big fun--really well behaved, non-whiny kids are quite enjoyable!!! Here's the conversation we had on our way to the zoo:

friend one: "Oh look! It's a truck with a wadder on it!"
friend two: " I wish we had a ladder on our car"
friend one: "Yes! Den we could cwimb on it! What's dose boxes--da red one, da green one, da black one, da odder green one?"
me: "Those are newspaper boxes"
friend two: "How do the newspapers get there?"
friend one: " I like reindeer statues"
me: "The newspapers start at the newspaper building and then people put them in trucks"
friend one: "Could we take a bus to the zoo?"
me: " and they drive the trucks around bringing the newspapers to boxes and people's houses very early in the morning"
friend two: "while we are still sleeping and it's dark?"
me: "Yes"
friend two: "My grandma gets up when it's still dark and we are sleeping. That's crazy"
friend one: "Grammy took us to see the dinosaurs. I slweep when it's dark out"
friend two: " That's crazy to get up when it's night time"
friend one: "I like the dinosaurs. Are there brown bears at the zoo?"

We did have soooo much fun today!! They had their first push ups (friend two: "why is there a straw at the bottom of the ice cream??"), wanted to know where the zebras went when it rained, and tried their darnedest to get the lion to roar by roaring at it. They wanted to know what the polar bear would look like without fur and what would the walrus say to us if it could talk.

Oh to be 5 again!!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, it would be awesome to be 5 again. I am awful fond of my driver's license and voting rights though :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home