Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Rental Cars...not so common

So our trip to MT just keeps getting better!! We've purchased an extra set of plane tickets for Monday so that we are guarenteed a trip home (see previous post). I now had the task of getting rental. Of course, we are leaving out of a different airport, so it's more expensive to rent a car and not return it to the same place. And in Montana, several national vendors don't even offer the service! So after getting quotes of over $400......we've rented a Neon for just over $300. So far, we've spent close to $1500 just to get there and get around, and I still have to book one more night at a motel. Oh why, oh why!?!?!

Seriously, we could have gone on a cruise for this amount of cash, with meals included. This is just killing me. Every time I think I've accepted it and am ready to start getting ready to enjoy myself, another "detail" pops up that just costs more damn money. For a kid we hardly know, getting married to a girl we've never met. Seriously, this has to be one of our more expensive hair-brained schemes.

I have to get a better attitude about this. Maybe I'll just pretend we are on a cruise while we are at the hotel. Keep calling for room service (they don't have a restuarant), demanding that my towels get made into little towel animals, walking around at all times with an alcoholic beverage....I could be on to something!

What I've learned:

1. Don't make travel reservations until the wedding invite is in hand
2. Don't make travel reservations until the wedding invite is in hand
3. Don't make travel reservations until the wedding invite is in hand

I think that about sums it up. And in general, Montana is really freakin' expensive.....

2 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM , Blogger Ang said...

    Oh God, just reading that turned my stomach. Have as much fun as you can, get as drunk as you can. See you next week.

     
  • At 5:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    That's why I had to cancel my trip to Switzerland. Too many details and too much money.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home