Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Spontaneous generation

We've decided to sell our townhouse this week--thinking that eventually, when the stork arrives, we'll need more room than our 2 BR townhouse has to offer. So we've started Operation Clear-the- Crap. What we discovered in our garage alone has been astounding. The concept of spontaneous generation fascinated me as a kid in science class--how could anyone think that matter could just "appear"?!??! After spending yesterday in the garage, I'm convinced either that was happening all winter long or our neighbors have been stashing their stuff into our space--how else could things have gotten sooo bad?

1. Can't ever remember buying a pack of pens since moving into this house 3 years ago. Yet, yesterday we collected oh, about 50 of them, in the garage alone!

2. Don't ever remember buying any screwdrivers except for the two that came in the tool case...and yesterday we found about 10 of them in the garage.

3. We've collected enough National Geographics to open an archive altar.

4.Windshield wiper fluid--who knew we have 5 half-used bottles scattered around. Not I, or I wouldn't have bought another one last week. 1/2 used bottles of Windex and 1/2 used rolls of paper towels also abound.

5. Cell phones. Sure, before L landed his job with Orange, we switched a few times. But 5 discarded cell phones and accessories??

So, once again, we demonstrate our how our land of opportunity has turned into a breeding ground for excess.

Did I mentione that the garage is just a one-car? And that until we started this project, I was parking in it every night??

1 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Holy smokes! I'm scared to find out how much stuff I've accumulated in my dorm room - I took home 4 laundry baskets full last weekend.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home