Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Can't Get No...

Satisfaction. No Satisfaction.

I wonder if Mick Jagger was singing about managed care when he wrote that song. It's almost a month now--practically 2 weeks since I was assured that the mix up would be taken care of and our doctors paid. Ha!

A phone call today yeilded the information that no, no, it's not taken care of yet. But today we had a group call with the benifits center and the eligibility people, and within 24 hours it will be fixed. Can you feel the confidence in my typing?!?

I don't really understand why it is SUCH a problem, but apparently it's very difficult to make someone's coverage go retro-active. And because it's consuming my life, it's consuming this blog. And it probably doesn't make for very interesting reading. In which case, click on something more interesting.

Voice Activation Sucks
I've spent a lot of talking to the automated phone lady at our health insurance company. You'd think by now she's know my subscriber #, my DOB, etc. But each time she asks in that monotone voice, it pisses me off. And I answer her in my deep phone voice, because if I speak normally, it often doesn't register. I don't have a voice like Minnie Mouse, but I have to lower it a bit like I do when talking to my 92 year old grandma with hearing aids.

I read in the paper that those phone systems are the wave of the future-that some are able to read emotions, and some recognize explatives so that the angered customers can talk to a person right away. Never mind that the cussing, angered person probably just had a quick question and wanted it answered by a person.

I want to know why the pleasant, not-yet-pissed customer can't talk to a person right away. Makes me think that the Citibank Simplicity Card will take off like wildfire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home