Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Sunday, February 26, 2006

100 Things about Me

1. My intials are MMM. 3M, like the tape.
2. I met L on New Year's Eve.
3. We kissed at midnight and have been together ever since.
4. I belong to a cooking club.
5. The club formed via an online bulletin board.
6. We are now the best of friends.
7. I love strawberries.
8. And shrimp.
9. And pineapple.
10. And desserts in general.
11. I had a Pampered Chef bridal shower.
12. Therefore, I have lots of fun gadgets for the kitchen.
13. I think I've finally memorized the numbers on the keyboard.
14. I HATED typing class in high school.
15. Of course, it's the knowledge from that bloody class that I can say I've used almost every day of my life since.
16. Except for the 3 summers I was a resident camp counselor. There wan't electricity there.
17. I graduated from Marian College
18. I met L when I lived in Illinois.
19. I lived there for 3 years.
20. I'm the oldest of 3.
21. My brother Brian is very cool.
22. My brother Jon is in need of direction.
23. I have 8 neices and nephews so far.
24. I love being an aunt.
25. I love being a mom.
26. I love my birthstone, which is sapphire.
27. I'm not all that crazy about the Babe's birthstone, which is peridot.
28. I love all things Litttle House on the Prairie.
29. I started 1st grade with a metal LHP lunchbox, featuring Michael Landon.
30. I used it until the 4th grade, when I upgraded to Strawberry Shortcake.
31. I am a certified Montessori teacher.
32. I am a certified Sylvan Learning Center Instructor.
33. I am licensed to teach K-3 in Indiana.
34. I love this catalog and the parenting articles throughout it.
35. I volunteer for Relay for Life of Lawrence, an American Cancer Society fundraiser.
36. I've been on the Relay committee for 5 years.
37. I volunteer for the Babe's adoption agency as well.
38. I'm addicted to this.
39. I lurk on lots of blogs.
40. Adoption.com hosts my favorite forums.
41. I'm a TurboTax geek.
42. I'm a Microsoft Money addict.
43. I love coffee and tea, and most warm beverages in general.
44. I love my Saturn, especially the seat warmers.
45. Until the Babe came along, I was an exercise fanatic.
46. Now I try to fit in a Tae-Bo tape or walk around the block when I can.
47. I've walked the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon twice.
48. I've meant to sign up the last 2 year but it keeps selling out earilier and earilier.
49. I love to read.
50. L and I were in a couples book club once.
51. I was a huge letter writer/ pen pal back in the day.
52. I went over my minutes on my cell phone the month the Babe was born.
53. I vowed never to do that again--what a pricey mistake!
54. I love getting cashback on our credit card.
55. I love shopping with my Kohl's card and then buying community care cards to pay the balance so my church gets 5% of the profits.
56. I clip coupons, alot.
57. Nothing is better than getting something for free because it's on sale and I've got a coupon that can be doubled.
58. I'm serious about #57.
59. I'm 5'10".
60. That means I have to shop in the Talls section most of the time.
61. The babe is taller than I was at her age.
62. I know we don't share DNA, but I wonder how tall she will be!
63. I have size 10 feet.
64. I can share shoes with my mom, which is funny because she's only 5'3".
65. Most of my friends from college have size 10 feet, so I could share shoes with them too.
66. I love my friends from college.
67. I didn't think I'd like the show "My Name is Earl", but I do.
68. Last spring I really disliked "the Office" but now really enjoy it.
69. I also am a die hard Amazing Race and the Apprentice fan.
70. I wish we had TiVo some days.
71. I've never paid for cable TV.
72. I've 2 places where it was free.
73. My current address isn't one of them.
74. I love highspeed internet.
75. I've recently ditched voicemail and gone back to a machine.
76. I get less than 1 message day, so it's not really a big deal.
77. I go to the library at least once a week.
78. I love requesting books online.
79. I recycle.
80. We don't have curbside pick up, so I actually take to the bins at the park.
81. I can't wait to take the Babe to the park to swing!
82. I can't wait to take the Babe to our neighborhood swimming pool!
83. I want to sign the Babe up for Kindermusik soon.
84. I'm trying to teach the Babe sign language.
85. I can't believe I've made it to number 85.
86. My email address is petfree1 because I used to live with a vet.
87. And she had 3 dogs, 12 cats, fish, turtles, a lame hedghog, among other things.
88. I once found the iguana in the shower.
89. I once found the dove smeared all over the kitchen thanks to the cat.
90. Shortly there after, I got my own place.
91. I've lived in this house for 4 years!
92. I've been married for almost 5!
93. I currently work 10 hours a week outside the home.
94. I blog alot in my head.
95. Tonight I put the Babe down with a bottle (gasp!)
96. I am all about Sam's club diapers and formula.
97. I love reading about adoption and people's thoughts on different aspects of the triad. 98. I think the Babe is one of the best babies ever. (duh)
99. I'm sometimes amazed that L tolerates me so well.
100. I'm touched if you'd read all the way down this crazy list.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I read the whole thing. Do I get some sort of prize ;)

     
  • At 9:24 AM , Blogger Ang said...

    I made it!

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, and can I have your Michael Landon lunchbox ;)

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Blogger Mich said...

    Isn't learning more about moi prize enough?!? And no, the lunchbox is NOT on the auction block.

    Thanx for reading all about me;-)

     
  • At 11:39 PM , Blogger DramaQueen said...

    Mother-in-law teaches at the teachers college in Muncie, IN.

    Let's play 6 degrees of separation!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home