Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Finally...a Resolution AND- Where do YOU put your PJ's?

I've given up on the train analogy, and can't think of an appropriate song, BUT the Babe's coverage has be reinstated. There is much rejoicing throughout the land, and the 10 medical bills she incurred during those 60 days will soon be paid by our esteemed healtcare coverage. This should prevent any bill collectors from knocking on our door.

Ha! but that's not the resolution I'm referring to in the title. No, in watching the Biggest Loser, Fat-Ass Family Edition last night, I realize that it's time to stop using the Babe as an excuse and exercise my own fat ass. I'm not quite sure how (morning mall-walking has been trumped by morning nap that can start as early as 8:30), but something HAS to start happening. So today while watching our friends Matt and Katie on TV, I did sit ups. I figure it's a start. Oh, and the eating--that has to be faced too.

I think what got to me were the teenage girls on the segement--talking about how hard it is to go shopping with their friends who can go shopping at all the cute stores....and all they come home with are earring or a purse or socks. I could SO relate. And don't want that for the Babe. So things have to change now, so that when she's old enough she can make good choices, and have atleast a few "healthy" habits instilled. Here are a few random ones leftover from my childhood:

1. KFC is bad, bad, bad. So is Taco Bell. Seriously, I don't think my parents have EVER set foot in either place. I didn't until I was in High School. Frankly, I wasn't impressed. Granted, that didn't stop the late night runs to Taco Bell in college--but that was more about economics than anything else.

2. Adding sugar to beverages is bad, bad, bad. Creamer is OK, but no sugar in coffee, tea, iced tea. NO. Still don't do it, in general.

3. Always have fruit in a bowl/basket in the kitchen.

4. Eat Breakfast.

5. Seatbelts must be fastened when the car is turned on, and may not be taken off until the car is OFF. The car will be stopped if there is any clicking of seatbelts during the trip.

6. Brush your teeth!

7. This last one is actually probably a weirdo habit, as opposed to a healthy one, but I seriously never gave it a thought until I went to college and realized that most people do not put their PJ's under their pillow. Honest to God, to this day I don't know where they are supposed to go etiquitte wise, but we were trained to put them under our pillow. I generally still do.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home