Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Monday, August 29, 2005

So it's Noon on Monday...

And here I am. Week 4 of being at home......now officially unemployed, atleast for a few minutes. Realizing that I'm having a harder time with this than I thought I would. Not so much with the not actually working part, and of course there's the loss of income part, but there's more to it than that. Just can't figure out what it is, exactly. Except that this is the first "week before Labor Day" that I haven't been in school since, well, 1980..... (NJ schools don't start til after labor day, so that's my excuse til the 4th grade). My years have always started in August, not January like normal people.

I keep telling myself that if I'd given birth, no one would expect me to be doing a whole hell of a lot at this stage, so it's the same, right?? Right, except that I don't have stitches in delicate places and so forth....

So the latest plan is to work very part time and/or find a job where I can take the B.O.J (my friend chuck calls da babe--Bundle Of Joy) for a few months. Then after a few head (and bank account) clearing months, evaluate from there . Maybe take a class or two and find something new to do. The thought of leaving the B.O.J with a sitter makes me nervous, which I think will be easier when she's a little older. Atleast I won't have my pesky former employer bugging me to come in and substitute!!!

In other news, I feel very accomplished today....found out about www.optoutsprescreen.com , where you can get off of some pesky mailing lists for credit cards. Found my scrapbooking stuff in the garage, got a new Sex and the City DVD in the mail, and got 2 loads of laundry done. I could get used to this......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home