Waiting for Inspiration to Strike

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Half baby, half grown man

That's they only way I can explain my daughter--she who burps, hiccups and farts all at the same time. AND who can poop different colors in the same diaper for a nice layered effect.

I can't stop thinking about how I would have packed our Saturn if we had to evacuate--with the prospect of everything being gone if we were ever able to return. Hard drives? Wedding album? Then all the formula and diapers we could haul. Oh, and water, granola bars, and a few changes of clothes. And we'd grab our credit cards and just drive like hell.

But that's the difference--we'd grab our $$, and get in our cars. And we'd know that whatever happened, we'd be all right. Our families and friends would help us. We'd move on, because we're educated, we've moved before and well, it's daunting, but I'd get the hell out of Dodge.

I doubt that I'd have the same perspective if I'd never been out of my hometown, didn't have a car and only had the cash in my pocket.

So Katrina survivors, know that you are in my prayers, and we are doing what we can to help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home